We are pleased to announce a program to help our families keep active during the upcoming Winter Holidays. J.H.Sissons School and our PAC volunteers are making the school’s skis and snowshoes available for loan to members of our school community. If you are a Sissons family or staff member, you can request to borrow the equipment for the duration of the holiday season. Here’s how it works:
- You may request one or more sets of skis or snowshoes to borrow. Requests are done using the online form. Requests cannot be taken by phone or by email.
- You must make your request before noon on Wednesday, December 16th.
- You will receive a confirmation of your request and the availability of equipment on the evening of December 16th.
- Pickup is from 3:45 to 5:45 PM on Thursday, December 17th and Friday, December 18th.
- All equipment must be returned to the school on Monday, January 4th or Tuesday January 5th between the hours of 3:45 and 5:45 PM.
- Loans are for children’s sizes only as the selection of adult sizes is very limited.
- Donation rates for skis and snowshoes are as follows:
- Skis - $40 for the first pair (including boots and poles), and $30 for each additional set rented by an individual family.
- Snowshoes - $30 for the first pair, and $20 for each additional pair rented by an individual family.
- All donations are cash only. We ask that the exact amount be placed into a ziplock bag for everyone’s safety.
- Anyone borrowing equipment from the school accepts full responsibility for any damage and breakage and agrees to pay the full replacement cost of equipment that is damaged, lost, or stolen.
- All funds collected through these donations will be allocated to the maintenance of the existing equipment, and its replacement when it is worn out.
If you have questions, it is best to send them to us by email during these busy times. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once again, to place your request, please use the online form found by following this link.