It was great to see all of the students and parents returning to school, albeit at a different building. This was our first day of in-person operation since the start of Spring Break in March 2020, and it is the first time we have welcomed students while also implementing guidelines to ensure everyone is as safe as possible from COVID-19. Students and teachers were very happy, and lots of smiles were seen all around. The elementary staff has the double challenge of following new routines in a completely different school, and we are learning along the way. Therefore, there are a few changes we would like to share with you in anticipation of the day tomorrow. Our hope is that it will be easier for you to find your child in particular at day's end.
Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten - Arrival
- Upon arriving in the morning, we will ask you to line up according to your child's teacher (a staff member will be there to help).
- Up to two parent/child pairs per class will be allowed into the portables at a time (two for Mme. Jacqueline's class, two for Mme. Savanah's class, etc)
- Junior Kindergarten entry starts at 08h00
- Kindergarten entry starts at 08h15
- Entry will be by the front doors
- Masks must be worn at all times in the hallways of the portables
- Once a parent from a particular class leaves, another parent/child pair for that class will be invited in
- Exit is by the rear doors
- We hope that this will greatly improve the flow of parents moving through the portables to drop off their children
Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten - Departure
- The children will be taken outside by 15h00, to be picked up. They will remain under supervision at the back of the portables, where you can pick them up.
- Kindergarten students taking the bus will be accompanied by a staff member, to a point near the school's tipi where they will be supervised until the bus comes.
- After-school program students will be taken to their rooms by a supervising staff member.
Grade 1 to 5 Students - Arrival
- Students are to gather on the soccer field.
- A bell will ring at 08h20 signalling that it is time to line up.
- Students should find their teacher and then line up behind them in single file.
- Entry into the school should start by 08h25 as classes must enter single file one after the other.
Grade 1 to 5 Students - Departure
- Bus students will be supervised in an area near the tipi until their bus arrives and they board it
- After-school program students will be accompanied to their rooms by a supervising staff member
- Students riding their bikes will be brought to that area by their classroom teachers.
- Students who are walking or getting rides will gather on the baseball field near the pick-up lane extension. Students of older children who need to get their younger siblings in Kindergarten will be permitted to do so.