Directeur: Mr. Graham Arts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Directeur-Adjoint: Jeff McConomy (email@example.com)
Changes at Sissons
This past Thursday, we learned that Mme. Sandrine (in the Grade 4 class) has left her position with the YK1 district. We wish Mme. Sandrine all the best in her future pursuits. The school is working very closely with the district in order to find a suitable long-term replacement for the class. In the meantime, I’d like to welcome Mme. Shannon Jennings to the Sissons community and to the Grade 4 Class. Mme. Shannon will work closely with Mme. Rachell and Mme. Danika to support the students in their learning. Thank you very much to all three for working with the students.
CePA - On-the-Land Learning
We had a fun week at CEPA last week! Highlights included trying fish, tasting bison, and enjoying the snow.
Next week is looking quite chilly, so we may be spending most of our time doing activities in the wall tent rather than doing activities outside. However, either way, please send your child dressed for the cold in warm winter clothes.
This week, the following classes have CEPA:
- Tuesday - Mme Stephanie (Grade 3)
- Wednesday - Mme Brigitte
- Thursday - There is no CEPA for Mme Sophie's class this week as Mme Sophie is away. We will continue when she is back the following week
As always, please feel free to get in touch with your child's homeroom teacher or Mme Emma (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or would like to come visit us during your child's day at CEPA. We just have a couple of weeks left before the end of this session!
After School Activity Program - Schedule of Upcoming Events
In order to help our families with their planning, we are sharing the upcoming ASAP activities organized by M. Sevigny. For your ease of reference, these will also be added to the school calendar on the front page of the website.
- Mini Badminton / Grade 2-5 / Gym / Monday / 3:35 to 4:45
- Floor hockey / Ringette (February 11 to March 2) / Grade 2 to 5 / Min: 12 students, Max: 20 / Gym / Tuesday / 3:35 to 4:35
- DANCE / Grade 2 to 5 / Gym / Wednesday (starting January 29) / 3:35 to 4:35
- Kin-ball / Grade 3-5 / Gym / Thursday / 3:35 to 4:45
Monthly PAC Report
This month's report from the PAC is available for you to download from this link.
Upcoming Calendar Events
Here is the latest on school events coming up this week and next:
- Monday, February 10th
- Photo Retakes - Please remember that photo retakes will be on Monday, February 10th. If your child missed the first round of pictures in the Fall, please send a note with them (or email your child's teacher) to let them know that you'd like them to have their pictures retaken.
- Parent-Teacher Conference Bookings Go Live - This semester's parent-teacher conferences are scheduled for Tuesday March 10th and Wednesday March 11th. We are using the same system as we did last semester to book appointments. All conferences are booked online, and the bookings open up at 6:00 PM on Monday. The link to the booking system is: https://jhsissons.parentteacherconferences.net/admin/
- Tuesday, February 11th
- Author Visit - Renowned author Andre Marois will visit Sissons starting today and his visits will continue tomorrow. This is a fantastic opportunity for our students. A full description of the event and some additional information about Andre is here. Thank you to the district's French Language department and Mme. Caroline Roux for taking the lead in organizing this opportunity for our students.
- Thursday February 13th
- Hot Lunch - Thank you very much to the PAC for arranging this opportunity for our students. We posted details, including links to instructions, late last week. They are still available if you would like to review them. Please remember that Hot Lunch is also being offered on February 27th.
- Friday, February 14th
- STIP Day - No Classes - Friday, February 14th is a STIP Day. There will be no classes for students that day.
- You can access the full Google Calendar of school events from here. The school's Google Calendar is always considered to be the most up-to-date.